How to manage your cardiac condition at home
Our Cardiac Care Program focuses on delivering specific physician ordered protocols to both newly and chronically diagnosed clients with heart disease and post-operative cardiac surgery. Specially-trained heart care nurses and therapists work directly with the patient’s physician to achieve optimal self-management treatment goals for cardiac rehab at home. Treatment for cardiac issues typically begins within 24-hours of discharge from the hospital. We then monitor each cardiac patient’s progress daily, weekly or monthly, as needed, until on-going compliance and optimal heart health results are achieved.
In-home cardiac care services include, but are not limited to:
- Comprehensive Assessment and Personalized Treatment Plan for Optimal Outcomes
- Monitoring of signs and symptoms of exacerbations of disease process
- Reporting early changes to physician and obtaining orders as needed.
- Monitoring of medication for effectiveness and side-effects
- Implementation of therapy to achieve optimal mobility and endurance
- Disease Specific Education and Training for client and family
- Implementation and monitoring of self-management treatment interventions
If you’ve experienced any of the following conditions or heart surgery procedures, home heart health care may be right for you:
- Stent placement
- Heart failure (HF)
- Angina pectoris
- CABG (Coronary Artery Bypass Graft)
- Tachycardia/Atrial fib
- Ischemic heart disease
- Acute myocardial infarction (MI or AMI)
Home care for people with cardiac issues can:
- Provide tips and tricks to better manage your condition
- Improve your quality of life
- Reduce symptoms such as shortness of breath
- Prevent unnecessary readmissions to the hospital
Contact a location near you today to learn more about whether in-home cardiovascular care is right for you or a loved one.